Go beyond developed Algarve and explore Portugal's most pristine coastal trails
Boasting one of the most beautiful and well-preserved coastlines of Europe, blessed with wild pristine beaches, towering cliffs, great biodiversity, remote whitewashed traditional villages and a temperate climate, Portugal’s Rota Vicentina is the ultimate hikers and ramblers' paradise. We have hand-picked the very best walks from the 125km selection of coastal trails that span the tranquil Portuguese region of Alentejo and along the few remaining undeveloped shores of the Algarve. Starting from the picturesque town of Vila Nova de Milfontes, we walk on quiet breath-taking cliff trails used by locals to get to the beaches and hot fishing spots, and end in the famous town of Sagres. We stay overnight in three different villages strategically located to provide easy access to/from the trails each day. Always in close contact with refreshing ocean winds, rugged coastal scenery and wild and powerful natural landscape, walking in this remote corner of Europe will be truly reinvigorating.
- Dramatic cliffs, forgotten sandy beaches and quiet trails
- Excellent bird watching opportunities and mild year-round climate
- Stay overnight in authentic whitewashed villages including Sagres
- Reach Cape of St Vincent, Europe's most south western point
- 7 nights 2 and 3-star hotels, all rooms en suite
- 5 days guided walking and 1 free day
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs.
- All transport by private cars or minibus
- Not suitable for severe vertigo sufferers
- All breakfasts and 5 pic-nic lunches
- All accommodation
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Airport transfers (for those travelling on meeting our group flights)
What's not included
- Travel insurance
- Visa and vaccinations
- Single accommodation (available on request)
Prices from £1449 per person 14 September (other dates available)
Terms and conditions apply.
Prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Prices are not live and are subject to change at any time. Where applicable prices include any advertised discounts. Holidays are subject to availability and tour operator/supplier’s booking conditions apply. Offers can be changed or withdrawn without notice. Latest price/availability and operator details will be confirmed at time of enquiry – ask for more information.